- Theresa is a Clinical Fellow of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, and is also an AAMFT Approved Supervisor. A member of the Missouri Association of Marriage and Family Therapy where she has served on the Executive Board as Treasurer, and a member of the Greater Kansas City Chapter of the Missouri Division of AAMFT where she served on the Executive Board as President. Theresa served on the State Committee for Marital and Family Therapists during 2016.
- Theresa is the Member At Large for the International Society of Neurofeedback and Research.
- Theresa is currently participating in the Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training Certification Program designed and offered by Tara Brach and Jack Kornfield.
- Theresa serves on the Patient and Family Advisory Council for The Liberty Clinic.
- Theresa has been adjunct faculty at Friends University teaching Emotion, Attachment, and Trauma, as well as providing clinical supervision to graduate students. Theresa is also an AAMFT Approved Supervisor, and supervises post graduates in the process of obtaining their clinical licensure.
- Theresa has completed both levels of training in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). She is trained in Neurofeedback, biofeedback, hypnotherapy, psychodrama and the Enneagram Personality Types. Theresa is also a Certified Firewalk Instructor through the Firewalking Institute of Research and Education.
- Theresa was a Court Appointed Special Advocate for Jackson County from 1994-1997 and as a guardian ad litem she represented children who had been removed from the custody of their parents. Theresa was awarded Court Appointed Special Advocate of the Year in 1995.
- In 2007, Theresa testified before the Missouri Senate Financial & Governmental Organization and Elections Committee in support of legislation to add the authority to diagnose to the practice act for Marital & Family Therapists. That legislation was enacted into law in 2007.
- In 2008 Theresa testified before the Missouri Senate Health & Mental Health Committee in support of legislation to add as a covered service under the MO HealthNet program, counseling services for emotional disorders or conditions rendered by Marital and Family Therapists who are not also Licensed Professional Counselors.
- Prior to practicing as a therapist Theresa worked in the professional environments of law and accounting.
- Neurofeedback/Biofeedback – Neurofeedback is a technology-based learning technique that provides real-time information about your own EEG activity. Through this type of brain training, a person can alter his or her own brainwave characteristics by challenging the brain to learn to reorganize and by conditioning the brain to function better. The EEG Biofeedback technique is a process in which subtle brainwave information is amplified and shown back to the trainee in the form of a computer training challenge. The object of the training is to re-educate the brain to make voluntary changes via computerized graphic displays and auditory signals that encourage a change in mental state and thus challenge the brain to function more effectively. Click Here For More Information (http://www.isnr.net/neurofeedback-info/learn-more-about-neurofeedback.cfm) (https://fundly.com/neurofeedback-research-2015)
- EMDR – Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing is a way to help people with trauma beyond traditional talk therapy. EMDR is an individual psychotherapy that uses bilateral stimulation of the brain to help people process certain experiences. Theresa has been a Level 2 EMDR practitioner for over 10 years. Click Here For More Information (http://www.emdr.com/what-is-emdr/)
- Enneagram Personality Types– Click Here For More Information (http://enneagramassociation.org/what-is-the-enneagram/) (https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/how-the-enneagram-system-works/)
Theresa accepts out-of network benefits for most insurance companies.
Kansas City Neuroplasticity Institute (KCNPI)
Theresa is the owner of KCNPI, providing neurofeedback services to the Greater Kansas City area. More information can be found at www.kcnpi.com.
The Journey Home
Theresa is the owner of The Journey Home, LLC. The Journey Home is a place for retreats of all kinds, and special occasions including weddings and family reunions. It is located in Dearborn, Missouri, 15 miles north of the Kansas City International Airport. You can obtain more information about The Journey Home at www.journeyhomeretreats.com or www.journeyhomeweddings.com